Danielle in Africa

This is my way to share with you what God is doing in my life and in Niger, Africa among the Sokoto Fulani

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Just another rich, white person?

As I drove the impoverished streets of the neighborhoods of Niamey I could not bear to look at the faces of those that I passed. "Another rich white person," I am sure they were thinking about me. I was disgusted by the fact that I have so much more than they will ever have. What makes me deserving? Uhhh! I wish they would see the love that I have for them! I wish they would know that I am different! I am not here to take what I can, and flaunt my privilege! I love them! Jesus loves them! I was feeling very powerless. Then, I thought, "They will know." "They will see Christ in me. They will know." As the Holy Spirit calmed my fears and let the disgust leave my heart I began to pray as I drove for all the people I passed. Food to eat, health, jobs, Christ in their hearts. The prayers of love were comforting me as God made sure I knew that he cares about them. He is drawing them to himself even now. I just have to follow my calling and share the love that Christ has for them. I am not a miracle maker, here to bring money and make it all better. That is impossible for a person. I am to love them. Simply love them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I know how you feel, Danielle. My situation is a bit different in my area of the world, but the feelings are the same.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home