Danielle in Africa

This is my way to share with you what God is doing in my life and in Niger, Africa among the Sokoto Fulani

Saturday, August 19, 2006

4 Fulani pray to Jesus to forgive their sins!!!

It was not a normal day. I woke up with a painful stomach, remnants of a recent battle with Giardia. I was tired, didn't want to eat and especially did not want to go out and spend three days in the African bush.

I called my friends hoping to get motivated and just talking to them helped. Then, when our connection was ended I had to go out and buy another card. That got me out and motivated and in the next hour I was arriving in the village.

I went around greeting people and eventually ended up holding a fussy baby. "Rayno" is what they call it and I am sure they laugh because I always jump to spend time holding these new blessings. While in my arms this one fell asleep and we ventured off to a home in which I had not often visited. They offered me soured milk to drink and I accepted. We sat for a while chatting and I took the mostly distraction-free opportunity to share with them the story of Jesus. At the end of my story I told them that they could have the same forgiveness of sins that I had and peace and joy in their hearts. They accepted! They wanted Jesus! Then I warned them of the difficulties that their following Jesus could bring. They could be beaten and lose their homes. Two of the three still accepted.

I promised to come the following day to repeat the story so they could remember to tell their friends. That day two older men wanted to hear the story also. Those two also accepted!

God is doing something BIG here among the Fulani. (See Jessica or Sarah's Blogs) and KEEP PRAYING!!

2 Comments:

Blogger JasonC said...

Hallelujah!

2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We "Wicklanders" join the angels in rejoicing at the salvation of these four precious Sokoto Fulani souls!
May He continue His harvest in Niger!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home