Danielle in Africa

This is my way to share with you what God is doing in my life and in Niger, Africa among the Sokoto Fulani

Monday, October 16, 2006

Lessons on Trust

I did not realize how confused I was with God's plan until last night. I am at Galmi today, a missionary hospital that has internet and some wonderful people. I like to come on Sunday afternoons, spend the night and leave on Monday. The Sunday night worship service is very encouraging, especially when it has been weeks since I have heard anyone else's thoughts on the Bible. This week it was led by an amazing missionary family and was such a blessing!
I was confused with God's plan because ever since the four people expressed interest in Jesus Christ and prayed, every attempt at meeting with them has been thwarted. Harvest time is the busiest time of year, one of the men is very sick, and the woman told me that she wants me to pray that she will get lots of money so that she can take her parents to Mecca. I did not know what to do with all this.
Then, last night in the service my friend mentioned that one of the themes of the book of Mark is the journey that the disciples were on. They were constantly learning from being with Jesus much like we are today. One of the things they were learning is that "real trust is proven in the midst of confusion." The disciples understood the good things that Jesus did and some of his teachings, but the hard part came when He spoke about his death. If they could have trusted then... They could not understand what He was doing, what this plan was of His that He would die. But they trusted.
That is where I found myself this morning, pondering these thoughts when I read Psalms 40. Verses 3 and 4 say, "He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord. Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside false gods."
It all came together. I need to trust God even when I am confused. He has promised us that He will take care of us and that everything is going according to His plan.
Today, I have a new song, a song of praise to our God. And that is my message to the Fulani.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can know that even though we do not see the entire picture, God is still the artist.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
Is 55:8-9

Even when we may not understand what God is doing we can take comfort in knowing that he will do all things for the maximum of His glory and our good.
Keep up the good work and know that I am praying for you!

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danielle, I sometimes like to think of God's plan like one of those computer generated pictures you see sometimes, where a big picture is made up of lots of smaller pictures of the same subject. The huge picture is His plan, and we are a lot of the smaller pictures doing His work, making up His bigger picture. Every day you are making a difference in His big picture.

You are obviously called to His work. Reading your posts is like reading Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret. There are times of discouragement, but then God breaks through, and His light shines brightly in your writing.

You are doing a wonderful and blessed worked for our Lord! I am praying for you daily.

John English (David's Dad)

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home