Danielle in Africa

This is my way to share with you what God is doing in my life and in Niger, Africa among the Sokoto Fulani

Sunday, September 24, 2006

The past two weeks

So, the big thing I have been dealing with these past weeks of "away from home-ness" has been the four new believers in Village D. I know that they are open to the Jesus Way and have heard and accepted the gospel, but as soon as that happened I have been kept from visiting them. While in the village they were out working; while I was in Konni my trips to the village got postponed; and then I was taken to the capital for two weeks for the infamous quarantine incedent. I have been praying steadily for them during this time that they would remain hungry for the things of God and this prayer that they prayed would not be something they forget about.

It has been three weeks now since I have been able to meet with them. I am going out to their village on Tuesday, so that is pretty exciting. I will be staying out for five days this time because I feel I have missed a lot in the last few weeks. Jabo has had her baby, a healthy little boy; the millet is almost ready for harvest, beans are being planted and many families are making plans for yearly stay at their "cold season camp." They will take the cows to fields and places far away from the village where the grass and plants are plentiful. This is part of Fulani life but it makes it difficult to see good friends go away. Especially this season because I will probably be ending my time here before they return.

As harvest and cooler (heh) weather comes please be praying daily for the Fulani in village D. That they would continue to thirst for stories of truth and that they would make time to meet and learn more.

Please make a point on Tuesday the 26th to pray for our meeting and conversations, that God would be glorified in all I say; That the hearts would be touched by the Holy Spirit and that Individual Fulani would be burdened to share these stories with their families.

Thanks for being part of my team!

PS I will have email access until midnight Eastern time tonight. Send me a note will ya? Let me know what's up and how I can pray for you. God Bless

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you fervantly as you seek to share the gospel of Christ with these people who are thirsty for it.

God Bless You!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home