Danielle in Africa

This is my way to share with you what God is doing in my life and in Niger, Africa among the Sokoto Fulani

Friday, September 08, 2006

Quite a Scare

Last week we had two visitors come to Konni and the surrounding villages. After they returned to the capital one of them became ill and was hospitalized. We were not sure if it was serious and so we’ve all come in to Niamey to run some tests and check our health. Yesterday afternoon we got tested for several diseases, even did a few x-rays. We were hoping to receive results today but have been told it may take up to three days. 

This is difficult for me because I have been having very important conversations in my villages lately and a few people have expressed interest in the stories I have been telling.

Please lift this up to Him: visitors Jesse, diagnosed with malaria and food poisoning, (currently in hospital but healing) and Emily her teammate, and my teammates Bekah, Tara, Seng, Toby, Bradley and me. Please also pray that the stories would stick in the minds of the Fulani in my villages and that they would thirst more for the truth found in them. 

Thank you all. We give Him all the glory.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Know that God is not surprised by such suffering and that He will continue to perserve and protect the good work that He has already begun in the hearts of the Sokoto. You just make sure you take care of yourself.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home