Danielle in Africa

This is my way to share with you what God is doing in my life and in Niger, Africa among the Sokoto Fulani

Monday, March 19, 2007

Thoughts for today...

Mixed emotions don't seem to encompass all these strong emotions that I've
been feeling in the last few days. We attended a Fulani Believer's
conference this weekend and were blessed beyond belief to worship with
believers from all across this country. The two new believers from my
village and the one that I have been discipling in town all came,
expressing much joy at seeing other Fulani that have also let go of
generations of traditions to follow the One True God. We got to sing songs
in Fulfulde, hear teachings on sin, persecution, prayer and worship and
spend time with other Fulani. As we departed my friends could not stop
telling me how happy they were that they came.

If you have been watching my countdown you know that my time is very
short. It is now less than three weeks until I land in Ft Myers and less
than two until I leave my home of two years and travel to the capital to
finish up office business and say goodbye to the missionaries who have
become my family. It seems like it has flown by, but while living these
past few years I have learned many lessons that will stay with me for the
rest of my life.

I have been through many trials and shed tears. I have seen the departure
of dearly loved team member due to illness and other reasons. It has been
a difficult two years. But, all those trials seem to fade away when I talk
to my friend who, with a sparkle in her eye, tells me the joy she has
found in Jesus. I can now share prayer requests and pray with a dear woman
who has found a hope and joy that she never knew in our Savior Jesus
Christ.

These two believers meet each morning and evening as they carry out
traditional chores of milking the cattle. They have decided to pray
together at these times for the people of their village to see the change
in them and desire to learn more about Jesus.

Please pray for this dear brother and sister of mine as they grow in their
faith and learn what it means to be a child of God.

Please pray for my coworkers as they continue this work in my absence. I
would love to be here to be a part of it, but God has called me to come
home for this period of my life.

Looking ahead, I can not seem to imagine the rest of my life without the
Fulani in it. Seeing them gather together fueled my passion to seem them
reach out and share the gospel among their people and all the other
peoples that they are in contact with across West Africa. Please pray with
me that God would lead me to the path that He has called me to; to rid me
of my own desires and place his where mine once were. We are all called to
make disciples of all nations. I want to be faithful to that call wherever
it leads me.

Thanks for staying with me these two years. I am blessed beyond measure to
know I am surrounded by such a "great cloud of witnesses." People of faith
who believe that God wants to use such as me for His grand purposes.

To Him be all the Glory!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

My sweet girlfriend!! How excited we are to see you come home, yet, I know I cannot imaging what you must be feeling. How sweet of God to allow you to see these precious people gathered together to worship our God. Your efforts have not been in vain. For now, a new path awaits you. You have been faithful, completed the task. I am praying for you and waiting for a really big hug!

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danielle,
Hey girl! I know this time is hard for you but be thankful for the time spent there. As one who has come home and a little suddenly, I would encrouage you to savor every moment with the people. Tell them you love them and continue to share Jesus until you drive down that dusty trail one last time. Rejoice in the years spent with them and look forward to the day you see them again. I love you!

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danielle,

I has been a wonderful blessing to me to be a part of God's work in anwering prayer to reach the Sokoto for Jesus Christ. I know that there are many mixed emotions as you prepare to take the next step in your walk with Christ, but always remember that God has a perfect plan for His glory and our good. God bless you for your faithfulness over the past two years and I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to get to know you and pray along with your ministry. If you are ever in the Tulsa, Ok area come by and see us at FBC Mannford.

Your fellow worker and brother in Christ,
Joe Taylor

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home