Danielle in Africa

This is my way to share with you what God is doing in my life and in Niger, Africa among the Sokoto Fulani

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Only two weeks left

Wow, already a week has gone by very quickly. We are ending our time here at MLC shortly and I am going to miss it so much. To be in a place where everyone is so encouraging and supports your work is a special blessing. We have so much fun, and learn so much! I do realize though that God has us here for a specific time and is only preparing us to leave and go to the nations. That is the whole purpose. In that context, I can't wait to leave; to see what He has in store next. This afternoon I am going to the store to buy piñata supplies. We are making piñatas for my birthday (Thursday) and for my friend, Patrick who is turning 5 on the same day. It should be alot of fun! On Sunday nights we have "Cultural worship" where a team of missionaries get together and put on a worship service in the style of their target country. Tonight I am not sure who is hosting it, but we have been asked to wear long skirts, long sleeved shirts, a head covering and take off our shoes when we enter the room. Many of us will be worshipping in ways very different than what we are used to. How would you adapt to worship in a way that was completely foreign to you? This week we had sessions on safety, MBTI, Myers Briggs Type Indicator (personality types) Health issues, and how to be most effective helping missionaries raise their children overseas. This may be the first time in a long time where I do not get to be around american kids every day. It will be a big change for me. I miss you Lighthouse!! and think about you often! I can't wait to see you, kid or not a kid. Have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home