Danielle in Africa

This is my way to share with you what God is doing in my life and in Niger, Africa among the Sokoto Fulani

Monday, August 22, 2005

Thought while I wait...

Because my move to Konni has been postponed for a while and a trip to visit is not yet on the horizon, I am leaning heavily on the peace of contentedness in Christ. My call to the Fulani is as strong if not stronger than the day I arrived. I am patiently awaiting the opportunity to live among them, but until then I am awed with the power of God to provide.

While I wait, I have been given the unique opportunities to foster relationships here in the city. I have begun to visit Mariama two days a week and also the home of three Woodabe women two days a week. I am still deep into language study, meeting my teacher for three hours each morning. He has been a great encourager while at the same time challenging me with very difficult lessons. I am grateful for this time and pray that God would use this to strengthen me in ways that I do not yet understand.

I am growing in God's word, reading through the destruction of Jerusalem in Jeremiah and Lamentations. I am repeatedly awed by the many warnings given to the people, but when the wrath of God was unleashed the people still turned and accused God for not helping them. Psalms written shortly thereafter provide different viewpoints on the destruction, showing anger, surprise and lament. I don't know exactly how God is going to use this in my life, but it has struck a cord with me and has lodged itself deep within my thinking...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't heard from you in quite some time. I hope everything is okay. You're email's inbox is so full, its rejecting new emails.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home