Danielle in Africa

This is my way to share with you what God is doing in my life and in Niger, Africa among the Sokoto Fulani

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

No one was safe from Katrina, even in Africa

My heart goes out for all those affected by the powerful impact of Hurricane Katrina. We are praying for you!

The night before my trip to Konni we were sitting around the satellite radio, captured by news of the storm. Filled with joy for the safety of my friends and family as it crossed Florida, I was slapped by what I heard. The news was predicting devastation for the coastal areas. My heart sank.

Returning from my trip only brought news of the devastation and suffering. My heart was broken for them. I was burdened and very alone. Feeling the effects on those at home only brought my closer to the situation. As a family member was called to assist in relief efforts, Katrina hit home.

I am very far away, and have no idea how hard it has been for you all at home. But I just wanted to let you know I am with you in this. My thoughts and prayers go out for you. I am so thankful that there are those of you able to help out in any way possible! Be strong and take courage! We are all in this together! Even from Africa...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home