Danielle in Africa

This is my way to share with you what God is doing in my life and in Niger, Africa among the Sokoto Fulani

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Welcome to Niger -- again?

"Welcome to Niger." is what my supervisor said to me when I told him of the difficulty (actually ill-fated trip) at the bus station. There are usually four busses that pass through my town per day, and I have never ever had problems getting on the exciting first four a.m. bus. Well, my teammates got up at 3 and took me to the bus station only to find out that all four of the busses that day were full. Completely full. And the following day was a holiday so there would be no busses running. This had never happened, but there is always room for a first, right? We tried another bus company to find that all three of their busses were full. Ill-fated was right. We returned back to the guest house to go back to sleep and I gave in to the fact that I was going to spend two more days in Niamey.

God always knows what he is doing, and I had a blast this morning, buying a Wednesday bus ticket and then working more on my Anthropology Focus Study. I am mostly done and it has gotten good reviews from my teammates. Tomorrow will be another work day on my report and maybe I will finish it. That would be exciting.

Please pray that I would take everything that happens and look for God's awesome will within it. Even the silly bus schedules!

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home