Danielle in Africa

This is my way to share with you what God is doing in my life and in Niger, Africa among the Sokoto Fulani

Saturday, October 29, 2005

News from Konni


Altine, Aisha, Ketcho and Me
Originally uploaded by dkoepke.
I'm back. This time I was able to spend two an a half weeks in Konni, including various nights in my villages. It was a very good time of building relationships.

I am learning so much about the Fulani. Each day as I learn new words and see the culture I praise God for these beautiful people.

My guard and his family have been the closest friends to me so far. Aisha, his wife, is pregnant with their third child and left my house in Konni to spend a few months in her father's village. She will give birth to the baby out there and return when the baby is old enough to be carried on the back.

This is a photo that we took just before she left. Altine, Ketcho, me and Aisha.

Please pray that both she and the baby would be in good health, for a safe delivery and that they would come back safely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home