Danielle in Africa

This is my way to share with you what God is doing in my life and in Niger, Africa among the Sokoto Fulani

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Language learning

While trying to decide what to post this time I thought to myself, "I didn't do anything worth writing about, lately" But boy did I have the wrong outlook on what I have been doing. I have been diligently studying Fulfulde and Fulani customs. I have began and deepened relationships with some very strong women, increasing my awesome respect for them. I have learned my way around Niamey and have met different Fulfulde speakers all across this area.

I have spent time getting to know the other missionaries in this region, and spent time letting God reveal to me exactly who I am in Him and why I am here. It has been a very productive and successful month!

This coming week marks the end of my full time language study in Niamey and the beginning my "half-way house" type language study in Konni. I will be spending weeks in Konni at a time to take in the eastern dialect as much as possible. Then I will come to Niamey and "teach" my language tutor what I have learned, while learning more grammatical rules and using the eastern vocabulary in stories and parables.

In celebration of the official MOVE TO KONNI. I have devised a fun activity to help decorate my new home! I would like YOU, Friends, family and people that find my blog on the internet to participate! Because you can come and see my blog whenever you want, I want to be able to see you too! I want to COVER a big board with PICTURES! If you send me a picture of your self or your family I will make a big collage and show it to all my guests! I know it will be a HUGE ENCOURAGEMENT to me as well as others! If you are in the greater Fort Myers area, and would like to save postage, you can give pictures to Amy. She will get them to me as well! THANKS SO MUCH!!!

My address is available by request. If you send me an email asking for it I will send it to you!

I can't wait to hear from you!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Across the Sound Podcast #2
Joseph Jaffe and I have posted our second Across the Sound podcast. Recorded Saturday, September 10 45 minutes, 15 seconds Audio feedback: acrossthesound@gmail.com or dial 1-360-365-9834 and leave a voicemail.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a ##money online## site/blog. It pretty much covers ideas on how to make a income working online, plus other related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home