Danielle in Africa

This is my way to share with you what God is doing in my life and in Niger, Africa among the Sokoto Fulani

Friday, May 06, 2005

Cinco de mayo is a great day!!!

Today has been fun-filled from the beginning. Everyone I have met here is going out of their way to make me feel special on my birthday. And you just know that I am eating it up! We had classes like usual today, but lunch was a women's luncheon and all the ladies sang Happy Birthday for Ramona and me. Then, after class I baked brownies and finished the piñatas. Nate called me three times and sang each time!! It was great! At dinner the whole cafeteria sang and we blew out the candles. It was also Patrick's 5th birthday so we had a big 5 and 23 smaller candles. Then we got all the kids together to bust the piñata. That was a blast watching them have so much fun! They busted it after the smaller kids got to hit it and then they all swarmed the pile of candy!! It had glitter in it too (my special addition) so it looked really great as all the candy fell out. Later, my roommate is throwing a party so that all the other journeymen can come. We'll bust a piñata there too. It should be amusing! Thank you for your prayers and friendship! I am very blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home