Danielle in Africa

This is my way to share with you what God is doing in my life and in Niger, Africa among the Sokoto Fulani

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Just in the nick of time

Can I just tell you that my mom is absolutely the most amazing woman ever!! My passport situation was stressful and being patient as my flight time was approaching was not easy. I was encouraged and supported by so many people praying for me and reminding me that God is in control.

Here is the story:

I applied for my passport with two weeks left in my trip. Plenty of time for a 10 day need, right? Well, they informed me that those 10 days were 10 business days, putting the arrival of my passport the Saturday before my flight on Monday. "Phew", I thought, "that is really close", but God knows what He is doing, so I trusted.

The Wednesday before my departure I got a call from my Mom that said that the passport office wanted an explanation as to the loss of my passport. So, I wrote it, found a printer, then found a fax machine and sent it. I called the office to confirm that they had received it, but there was not answer. I left a message.

I planned to call the next day, but was not able to. I called on Friday to check the status. She told me they had not received my fax!!!! What?? And they did not call me and let me know. Man oh man. I went back to fax it again, and again she did not receive it. Then she gave me the correct fax number. I could not believe it! It was the day before I needed it to arrive in the mail, and she had not given me the right fax number. I was sweating by this point. She confirmed that they had received the explanation and that the passport would be sent in the mail that day.

Well, it did not arrive on Saturday like we were hoping and there is no mail (not even overnight express mail delivered on Sunday). My Mom decided to meet the mail truck at 5:30 am on Monday and then IF the passport arrived would drive it to Tampa (3 hrs away) to meet me at the airport. And that is how it worked out. It did actually arrive on Sunday, but was waiting for someone to sort the mail on Monday morning.

My mom is such a do-anything-to-help-the-ones-she-loves kind of person and I could not have been on that plane without her unconditional love.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Mrs. K! What she did for you doesn't suprise me. She's always been that way and SHE ROCKS!!!

Elisabeth

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now Danejo--You didn't tell everybody that your Dad and Mom had visited you in Lutz near Tampa and did not get home until after 1 AM. So a trip to the post office as soon as anybody (5:30AM)was there to open the express mail bag and then driving to the Tampa airport was quite a day!!!!Nate and I did get to see your plane leaving until it could not be seen anymore in the sky. Love Mom How are you pronouncing Danejo? As is Spanish or otherwise I suppose?

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home