Danielle in Africa

This is my way to share with you what God is doing in my life and in Niger, Africa among the Sokoto Fulani

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

'Tis the season...

You know the feeling... It's in the air. Houses are being "decorated", purchases being made. Everyone seems to be in a better mood. They can feel the season coming...

You are thinking Christmas, right? Well, here in Niger this feeling is what I have felt in the past few weeks during the end of hot season. Everyone can feel it in the air; The humidity is climbing as the rain clouds build. Mangoes are seen in the markets. Homes are being prepared with new roofs that will stand up against the wind, dust and rain. Plans are being made for the planting season and seed and hoes are being bought. Children run around in excitement at the first sign of rain; It's in the air.

This is the view of the seasons from the other side of the ocean; from the other side of the income scale; and from a people whose living relies wholly on nature.

I could not explain it a better way, but I hope this gives you a small glimpse of what we are experiencing here. The seasons have never been like this for me, but through this I feel now that I have a different view on the world. Each change of season brings newness for me. I have reached the point where the season is familiar but with each change God brings better understanding of who I am and where He wants to lead me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home