Danielle in Africa

This is my way to share with you what God is doing in my life and in Niger, Africa among the Sokoto Fulani

Friday, April 13, 2007

Jman poetry

Engagement story coming soon! But first:

This was written by a friend of mine in a "dry and thirsty land where
there is no water..." Very powerful:

This life here on earth continues to amaze me at how hard it can be. I
know that part of the curse of the fallen world is suffering and toil and
strife. And we all know that life is hard and all that jazz ( no one said
it would be an easy kind of thing) But it seems to be even more so here.
The ground is unyielding, with brown sand covering everything. The dry
sprigs of grass and browning trees always look thirsty. And the heat is
overbearing as you struggle to find some relief from the unrelenting sun.
Even in the shade, the sweat rolls down your body like rain drops and
steals the strength from your body. Even in the midst of this miserable
heat, I find a thin, frail man with a white cloth wrapped around himself
looking years older than his age, working hard at this task. Jobs
assigned to machines or animals in the west are lifelines of existence
here in a land of so many; so many barely surviving, so many struggling,
so many who live without hope. And so we fight the fights and join with
the battle for their souls. We set about the task of bringing them the
truth that can set them free. We seek to reveal the words of life and
promise and unveil their blinded eyes from the evil one's lies. We engage
in the battle...

7 Comments:

Blogger BandMan said...

Wow. Having just come from that land, I can picture from those words exactly what he is talking about. Thanks for putting that up. I might use that to describe to the church just what we experienced.

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Danielle!
I can't believe it took me so long to find you...! And now that I have, that you're in AFRICA! You go girl! I am so happy that you are fulfilling your dreams. I wanted to find you to give you updated contact info, but see that this is kind of irrelevant, as you are majorly out of the country. Come find me via my website when you return. I might visit you in FL sometime :)
Tu amiga de Ecuador siempre, La Meghui

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my email: meghankeanestudio@hotmail.com

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait--sorry i just read some of the other posts--you were in NY and we didn't get together!?!? no way!!

7:24 AM  
Blogger alex said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Danielle! So sad to see you go. Know I'm lifting up the beilevers you left behind ... and I REALLY want to hear the engagement story! Will you get a new blog? -- Emily
http://www.xanga.com/emilyinwestafrica

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey it's Justin Robards. Are you in Florida now? Call me sometime...I have exciting news!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home