Danielle in Africa

This is my way to share with you what God is doing in my life and in Niger, Africa among the Sokoto Fulani

Friday, June 16, 2006

SBC Annual Meeting

So you ask, " I did not know Danielle was going to be at the SBC annual meeting. How did she end up there?" Well, It's a long story...

This post is to say thanks to those of you who wrote me asking what in the world I was doing in New York and to explain what I have been up to over the past week. I didn't realize it until then that I did not share with most of you the exciting times that I just experienced.

I found out a few weeks ago that I was invited to attend the Southern Baptist Convention Annual Meeting to share the story of what God is doing through the partnership of Wickland Baptist Church and our team. I was so surprised and honored, but also nervous about speaking to such a large group of people. Before the convention I was told attendance would be between 5 and 10,000 people. Upon arrival I learned that it was even more than that. I was able to meet with pastors and lay people from churches all over as well as get back in touch with some friends whose prayers and encouragement are vital to our task. It was a time of non-stop activity and cold conference rooms; close friends and new acquaintances; little sleep but great american food. :) It was my first time ever at the SBC so I did not know what to expect, but it was really cool to see all that happens there.

I was definitely excited about this great opportunity, I prayed to be nothing more than God's mouthpiece. It was my honor to encourage our brothers and sisters in the States to share in the ministries through prayer. I was bathed in prayer by many friends and family which gave me the peace that only comes from God's spirit.

So you ask, "How did Danielle end up at the SBC annual meeting?"It's a long story that begins and is saturated with prayer. Simply, God has done more than I could have dreamed or imagined, graciously using me to share with Southern Baptists what Christ has done in my life, on our team, with the Fulani and in our relationship with Wickland Baptist Church.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Wow. It might have been easier if only 5 people had been present. ;)

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home