Danielle in Africa

This is my way to share with you what God is doing in my life and in Niger, Africa among the Sokoto Fulani

Friday, July 22, 2005

"I praise You when I suffer trials of many kinds..."

This week has brought major change in the Sokoto Fulani team. David and Renee, my teammates, have resigned and have returned to America. Their plane left yesterday, the 21st, taking our friends, co-workers and brother and sister in Christ, and leaving a void in our ministry and our hearts. I am fully supportive of their decision, knowing it had to be hard to follow Christ in this difficult time. I do not understand everything that God does, but I know His will is best and I am walking in that. Here is what David and Renee posted for you all: While being here we were told by many missionaries, “On the hard days, the only thing that will keep you on the field is your call, when you get out in amongst your people. ” Renee and I do not have such a call. We do not feel a specific call holding us here. This has not been easy. God has shown us even through our application process, screening conference, and orientation that Renee and I did not share with one another our true feelings and real reasoning for coming. Ultimately it was pride, discontentment in our daily lives, fear of failure in life, and the unfed desire for adventure. Not until the past few days, did these hidden agendas, and unshared truths surface. These were things they told us to share and discuss at MLC, but we kept them hidden out of fear of what others might think. God has been working to bring these things out during our time here. He has shown us that we do not belong here and has given us a peace in this extremely hard, life changing, decision. As we talked this over with the leadership here they listened to us pour out our hearts and cry and they cried with us. They talked with us to touch on every area we needed to consider and pray about and they prayed with us. We told them that our only fear was returning home and disappointing our family and friends. They assured us that you would wrap your loving arms around us and continue to pray for us and support us as we seek God. We know you will. For our team, this is changing some things. I will be staying in Niamey longer than expected, until my supervisor is able to plan for my ministry out in Konni. I will be well cared for by all the missionaries here, We are all excited for our new ministry among the Sokoto Fulani as I know you are. Thank you for partnering with me and all of us out here. Please keep David and Renee in your prayers. Sincerely, Danielle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home